Thursday, October 19, 2023

Day... 60 I think?

 Two month anniversary of becoming a nonsmoker. It's really weird sometimes, but not as hard as I was expecting. Don't drink don't smoke whatcha do ya don't drink don't smoke..... Ah, Adam Ant. :)

I'm still getting used to being a nonsmoker. I don't really want cigarettes anymore, but sometimes, I don't know what to do with my hands, lol.

Back surgery is scheduled. November 9th. Missing a month's worth of work, but thanks to the recently passed Oregon Paid Leave bill, I will still have income while I am recovering. Sometime after that, I'm getting a defibrillator put in my chest. To prevent what happened to Annie from happening to me, since we had/have HCM (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy) aka heart wall thickening. Mine apparently is milder than Colen or Annies though. My mom is very confused. We (Me, Colen, Annie, and Noah) all have different dads, so since its a genetic disease, it had to come from mom's side. But she's never had anything remotely similar to HCM. Weird. I said maybe gramma or grandpa had it and it skipped a generation? She doesn't think they did though. Super weird. At least so far, Noah has no sign of having it. 

So thankful, again, to Colen for my laptop when I'm stuck in bed after surgery. As soon as I am able though, I will be back at my desktop, because it's the one I am most comfortable with. (And thanks again to Colen, for my desktop computer. :) ) 

Actually looking forward to being able to walk again. I kinda miss walking the halls at work doing lock check. Well, I miss being able to move well, period. I'm going to have to watch what I eat while I am fully sedentary though. Healthy stuff only. Gah, I'm going to have to overhaul the kitchen before surgery.

Anyway. Just thought I would check in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

GAH! I am so overwhelmed..

 The moving process, my health, still grieving my sister, trying to sort out my feelings about Mark (We talked... as usual things are not as...